AVOCADO RUM CREAM SOUPFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 1 - tablespoon butter shopping list
- 3 - cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 - large scallions , chopped shopping list
- 2 - large - ripe avocados, peeled and chopped and pureed in food processor shopping list
- 3 - cups chicken or ( vegetable broth)... shopping list
- 3 - tablespoons light rum shopping list
- 1/2 - teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1- teaspoon Beau- Monde- seasoning ( spice island) shopping list
- 1 -cup half and half shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 6 - tablespoons diced ripe avocado shopping list
How to make it
- in a large saucepan or dutch oven , melt the butter over medium heat and saute the garlic and scallions until soft about 5 minutes.
- do not allow the vegetables to brown......................
- add the chicken broth and stir well, then stir in the pureed avocado, rum and seasonings.
- bring to a boil , stirring frequently, then reduce heat to low and stir in half and half.
- cook another 2 minutes, until soup is heated through.but do not boil again.
- add more salt if needed.
- garnish each serving with a tablespoon of diced avocado on top and serve..................
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating2 people
This is so nice... love avocados in salad but never tried them in a soup. I think I will tried mine chilled, it´s hot weather now here in Spain, you know.
I can not get the Beau Monde spice here, but I will make the cream without it.
Thank...moreinmaculada in Palma De Mallorca loved it
Spice Island has many great spices to choose from and this recipe exemplifies the way they work their wonders in tis wonderful soup
great recipe Sherry
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!