Gallette di Mais con Mozzarella - Corn Cakes with Mozzarella and Anchovy ButterFrom deliathecrone 6 years ago
- ½ cup, plus 2 tablespoons fine polenta shopping list
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup whole milk or milk substitute shopping list
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup corn kernels (cut from about 1 medium ear corn) shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced into 18 pieces shopping list
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and finely chopped, plus extra for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375-degrees-F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together polenta, flour and salt.
- Whisk in milk, oil and egg.
- Stir in corn to combine.
- Heat 1/4-inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- In batches, add corn batter by the heaping tablespoonsful and cook, turning fritters until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side; drain on paper towels.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer corn cakes with mozzarella; bake until cheese is softened and cakes are warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat butter and chopped anchovies until butter is melted; remove from heat.
- Remove corn cakes and cheese from the oven, drizzle with anchovy butter and garnish with anchovy fillets.
- Serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- deliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔