Delightful Tofu Fried RiceFrom falafel_fanatic 5 years ago
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) package reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cut into (1/2-inch) cubes shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 cup (1/2-inch-thick) slices green onions shopping list
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 tablespoons thai peanut sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil shopping list
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt.
- While rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan.
- Add eggs to pan; cook 1 minute or until done, breaking egg into small pieces. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan. Add 1 cup onions, peas and carrots, garlic, and ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- While vegetable mixture cooks, combine thai peanut sauce, soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil.
- Add cooked rice to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add tofu, egg, and soy sauce mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.