Almond-crusted oven-fried chickenFrom mandysue 8 years ago
How to make it
- Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Mix together the curry, salt, pepper, and buttermilk. Pour over the chicken and mix well to coat.
- Marinate in the fridge for 6-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a foil-lined baking dish. Feel free to pour on any marinade left in the bowl to thoroughly coat the pieces.
- Mix the chili powder into the almond meal and sprinkle over the chicken pieces to cover evenly.
- Bake uncovered for 50 min. to 1 hour or until the chicken is done and the skin is crunchy and brown.
- Serve with a salad of mixed greens, pistachios, and crumbled goat cheese for a fresh and similarly "not-quite-traditional" side.
The Cookmandysue Boulder, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!