Chicken and Ham PieFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 ounce butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 4 chicken thighs skinned shopping list
- 4 ounces cooked ham diced shopping list
- 2 courgettes sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plain flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- 5 ounces milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 ounces puff pastry thawed shopping list
- 5 ounces sour cream shopping list
- 2 medium eggs shopping list
- 1 beaten egg to glaze shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter and oil in a frying pan then add onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer chicken and onions to a pie dish.
- Arrange the ham and courgettes on top.
- Add flour to pan and cook for a few seconds.
- Stir in parsley and gradually add milk stirring until sauce thickens.
- Pour over chicken mixture then cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 400.
- Roll out pastry to about 2" larger than pie dish.
- Beat together cream and eggs then stir into chicken mixture.
- Cut a strip of pastry then moisten and fit around edge of pie dish.
- Cover with remaining pastry and score across top to decorate.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake 30 minutes.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!