Perky Pecan PieFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed shopping list
- 1/2 cup soft butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup white corn syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- 1 cup broken pecans shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 7 pecan halves shopping list
- 9" pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line pie plate with pastry and trim edge even with pie plate.
- From pastry trimmings cut out dime size circles and moisten.
- Overlap circles around rim of pie plate pressing down as you go.
- In double boiler top cream together brown sugar and butter.
- Stir in granulated sugar, eggs, salt, corn syrup and cream.
- Cook over hot but not boiling water 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat then stir in nuts and vanilla and pour into lined pie plate.
- Bake for 50 minutes then arrange pecan halves around top and bake 15 minutes more.
- Cool on wire rack then serve with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!