Chocolate CookiesFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 container (16-ounces) vanilla frosting or your own frosting shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, cocoa and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in cocoa mixture. Shape dough into two balls. Roll each ball of dough between 2 sheets waxed paper to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch star shaped cookie cutter or any cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. pirced with fork.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Decorate with frosting..You can add food coloring to icing for different color cookies.