3 Cousins Corn Squash and Tomato PieFrom siksikaboy 7 years ago
- 3 cups corn kernels, fresh, or frozen and; defrosted shopping list
- 5 pcs small zucchini or other squash; cut into matchstick piec shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- 3-4 pcs vine-ripened tomatoes; cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- This pie is made from the overflowing bounty of the backyard garden. Fresh corn and zucchini seasoned with dill bake underneath Parmesan-crusted tomatoes to make a scrumptious entrée
- that can be served warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a 13 by 9-inch ovenproof baking dish, combine the corn, zucchini, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, the dill, and the melted butter, tossing to coat the vegetables. Cover the
- vegetable with the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese and the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the
- mixture over the tomatoes and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake the pie for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling. Remove it from the oven, and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.