Fig Jam MuffinsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 cup California dried figs shopping list
- 2 cups cold water shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and drain figs then clip stems and grind or chop figs fine.
- Add water then bring to boil and cook and stir 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add sugar, salt and spice then cook and stir 10 minutes.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar then work shortening into flour mixture.
- Add milk and beaten eggs then stir to blend.
- Divide batter into 12 greased muffin tins.
- With a spoon make a well in top of each muffin and fill well with spoonful of jam.
- Bake at 425 for 18 minutes then serve hot with butter and remaining jam.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!