Gingered Coconut Chicken Breast ChunksFrom beckytank 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp crushed pineapple with juice shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger, divided shopping list
- 3/4 tsp curry powder, divided (optional) shopping list
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 3 tbsp plain dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper or cayenne shopping list
- 1 pkg fresh chicken tenders (about 14 oz) shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon or orange juice shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl blend sour cream, pineapple, and 1/4 tsp of the ginger and 1/4 tsp curry powder, if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, set aside. In blender or food processor, combine coconut, breadcrumbs, remaining ginger and curry (if desired) and cayenne. Pulse to blend. Place in shallow dish; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, if desired. Cut tenders in half crosswise. Blend honey and lemon juice in separate shallow dish. Coat chicken pieces in honey and then in coconut mixture. Place on baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Serve chicken with sour cream sauce.
- Per serving: 182 calories, 13g carbohydrates, 12g protein, 9g fat, 0g fiber, 31mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium
The Cookbeckytank Johnson City, TN
The Rating5 people
now your talking !!!!!!!!!!!! i love this !!!!!
thank you so much.ive had this before and it is excellent!!!!!minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
thanks for a great recipe delicousmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Oh that would be a lovely appetizer, wouldn't it??? I need to take one to a do in July, I think I might try this!auntybea in Vernon loved it