Crispy Pork Belly Lechon KawaliFrom mig 5 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Clean pork belly
- 2. Poke little deep holes on the sking of the pork belly and in between the meat and the fat. This will help the boiling water penetrate the inside of the meat and cook it well.
- 3. In a large pot, bring water to a boil, along with the peppercorns and the kosher salt (probably about 2-3 tbsp salt)
- 4. Boil the pork belly until tender (takes about 45 minutes to cook the meat inside and out)
- 5. After the meat has cooked, drain excess water from the meat and sprinkle the pork with cornstarch until all sides are sprinkled. =)
- 6. Heat oil until it's super hot and ready for deep frying
- 7. Deep fry pork belly until golden brown and the skin is really crispy.
- 8. After frying, cut pork belly in bite sized cubes.
- 9. This goes well with rice and a sweet soy sauce
The Cookmig Manila, PH
The Rating3 people
I had a dish very similar to this on a trip to China a couple of years ago that made my eyes roll into the back of my head! Found this recipe and when I made it, it definitely had the same effect of euphoria! Great served with a sauce of light soy ...morewoosfood in nw chicago suburbs loved it
When I lived in Las Vegas, there were quite a few Filipino restaurants and I had this once. It is sooooo good. Bad for my butt and thighs though!1 lol Who cares?! I'll still eat it!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!