Mixed PaellaFrom tujandred 6 years ago
- 1/2 pint of olive oil shopping list
- 10 mussels shopping list
- 10 clams shopping list
- 2 oz boneless pork, diced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 6 oz onions, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, skinned, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips shopping list
- 32 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 24 oz lobster claws shopping list
- 24 oz rice shopping list
- 3 cups (48 fl. oz) chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron shopping list
- 2 chorizo sausages, cooked and cut into chunks shopping list
- 10 uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 4 oz peas shopping list
- 4 tablespoon capers shopping list
- lemon wedges, to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub and debeard the mussels and clams, discarding any that don't close when tapped sharply. Set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup (2fl. oz) of the olive oil in a skillet. Add the pork, and brown all sides. Mix in the garlic, onions, tomato, and bell peppers, stirring constantly until cooked. Set aside.
- In another skillet, heat a further 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz) olive oil and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme, and cumin. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the lobster claws overt high heat for several minutes until its shell turns pink. Set the skillet aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºF. Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet, and sautee the rice until it's translucent. Pour in the chicken broth, and combine well. Add the pork mixture, stirring constantly. Sprinkle in the saffron and continue to stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the rice into a paella pan. Mix in the lobster claws, chicken, chorizo sausages, mussels, clams, shrimp, peas, and capers, combining well. Bake the paella, uncovered, and on the lowest oven shelf, for around 25 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Discard any mussels and clams that have failed to open.
- Serve the paella straight from the pan, garnished with lemon wedges.
The Cooktujandred Barcelona, ES
- Not added to any groups yet!