Moms Apple PieFrom beckylavoie 7 years ago
- Pie Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3-5 Tbs water--enough to roll dough into a ball shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbs flour shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 Tbs margarine or butter shopping list
- 5-6 large cooking apples (enough to fill the crust) shopping list
How to make it
- mix the filling ingredients EXCLUDING the butter in a small bowl and set aside.
- mix the ingredients for the pie crust and roll out half the dough to make the bottom crust.
- Slide the crust into the pie plate, poke airholes with a fork.
- peel and slice apples to fill the pie crust
- sprinkle the apples with the filling mixture
- dot the pie with the 2 Tbs margarine/butter
- roll out the top crust (if you haven't already) and put on the pie. Crimp the edges together and sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
- Cut strips of tinfoil to put around the edge of the crust because it has a tendency to burn.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. Pull off the tinfoil and bake for an additional 15 minutes to brown the edges.
The Cookbeckylavoie Fargo, ND
- Not added to any groups yet!