White Cheek Sneak Sun-Dried Tomato RisottoFrom raveneye 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup White Cheek Sneak Base shopping list
- 10 to 12 sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- Dash salt shopping list
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed & chopped shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2: cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the tomatoes in water and cover for 1 hour. Drain and discard the liquid. Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Your doing really want to do a Risotto. Your going to stir this the whole time. use another rice is fine.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the onion and garlic. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and saute for another 2 minutes. Add rice, 2 cups of the water, and seasonings and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, stirring CONSTANTLY. Stir in the remaining 2 cups water, White Cheek Sneak Base and spinach and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes, continuing to stir until the dish is creamy.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese. Serve hot.
- Serves 4
- Each serving provides:
- 587 Calories 107 g Carbohydrate 18 g Protein 368 mg Sodium 9 g Fat 22 mg
- Cholesterol7 g Dietary Fiber