Sweet Potato and Blue Cheese SoupFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 6 cups of water shopping list
- 3 packets of chicken bouillon or equivelent of boullion paste shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 ounces of blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- cream for garnish shopping list
- toasted walnuts for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium soup pot, cook sweet potatoes in water with bouillon
- until tender.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- Cool slightly and puree in blender with cooking water.
- Return puree to stove, stir in lemon juice, blue cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer gently 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish each with a few drizzles of cream and walnuts.