Lazy Daisy CakeFrom sher 6 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1 Cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 Cup milk shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp Melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 4 Tbsp milk (whole milk or canned) shopping list
- 1Cup coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 350*
- Grease and flour bottom only of 8" square pan set aside.
- In saucepan scald milk and butter set aside.
- Beat together eggs, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to egg mixture beating well.
- Beat in scalded milk a bit at a time.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake pulls away from sides of pan.
- Meanwhile combine topping ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- When cake is removed from oven spoon topping over top of hot cake and return cake to oven for an additional 8 minutes until topping has browned a bit.... or place under the broiler for a couple minutes but watch carefully..