Chicken Enchilda PastaFrom dmajor 7 years ago
- 16 oz. Rigatoni or penne pasta shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 small can of diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 roasted chicken(from the local deli) shopping list
- 8 oz. sour cream shopping list
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 can black olives, sliced shopping list
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese or cheddar shopping list
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce(I use red but you can use green) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- cracked pepper and salt to taste shopping list
- 4 corn tortillas cut into thin slices shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- Remove skin and bones from chicken and chop meat into bite size pieces.
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together soup, sour cream,enchilada sauce, cumin, and olives.
- In a frying pan or skillet, cook onions and bell pepper in butter until tender.
- Add onion mixture to sour cream mixture.
- Stir in chicken,pasta, cheese and green chilies and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon pasta into baking dish.
- Top with a little more cheese if desired.
- Place under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes or until top starts to just start to brown.
- In skillet, heat oil.
- Fry tortilla strips in oil until light brown on each side.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips over pasta.
- You can garnish with extra black olives or a dollop of sour cream and green onions.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating1 people
WOW!...what a recipe! 'out of the ordinary'
and easy at the same time...a great combo!
Thank-you for sharing!
My family will really like this!
"5" FORKS!mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!