Mediterranean Shrimp CocktailFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil or salad oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot (1 medium) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 pound frozen large cooked shrimp (with tails), thawed shopping list
- 4 ounces smoked provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, or crumbled feta cheese (1 cup) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes and/or yellow pear-shaped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup drained capers shopping list
How to make it
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag combine oil, vinegar, shallot, oregano, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and garlic.
- Seal bag completely and shake to mix marinade well.
- Set bag in a large bowl, then add shrimp, cheese, tomatoes, and capers to marinade.
- Seal bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 6 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Chill 8 margarita glasses or small glass serving dishes in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To serve, spoon shrimp mixture into chilled glasses.
- Makes 8 servings.
- For a nice twist, here’s a citrus shrimp option.
- Prepare as above, except for marinade. In a large re-sealable bag combine 1/2 cup grapefruit juice, 1/4 cup salad oil,1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.