Cranberry Carrot Cake MuffinsFrom debwin 8 years ago
- 1 seedless navel orange, quartered shopping list
- 1/4c orange juice (approx) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3/4c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3c vegetable oil shopping list
- 2tsp vanilla shopping list
- 13/4c all purpose flour shopping list
- 2tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2tsp each ground nutmeg and salt shopping list
- 2c grated carrots shopping list
- 1/2c each dried cranberries and chopped toasted pecans shopping list
- 3/4c shredded coconut shopping list
- cream cheese DRIZZLE(optional) shopping list
- 1/4c cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1/4c icing sugar shopping list
- 1tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners; set aside
- In a food processor, finely chop orange. Scrape into measuring cup; add enough orange juice to make 11/3c. Scrape into a bowl; whisk in eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, nutmeg and salt; scrape orange mixture over top.
- Add carrots, cranberries, pecans and 1/2c of the coconut; stir just until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake at 350F until tops are firm to the touch, about 30 mins. Cool
- CREAM CHEESE DRIZZLE: Mash together cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla. Using a small plastic bag with the corner snipped off, pipe drizzle decoratively over cooled muffins.