Butte PastiesFrom boring_grl 5 years ago
- * all of the ingredients my mother usually does not measure because she has made this recipe so many times. Here are the measurements but use your own descretion. shopping list
- sirloin steak (1 pound) shopping list
- flank steak (1 pound) shopping list
- potatoes (3-4 medium sized) shopping list
- green onions (1 bunch) shopping list
- parsley (shredded - 1/2 cup) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- butter (about 1 stick) shopping list
- Krusteaz's pie crust Mix (2 boxes) shopping list
- water (1 cup) shopping list
- egg (1) shopping list
- half and half (1/2 cup) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Freeze meat. Let the meat thaw a little and cut into cubes. It's easier to cut when its cold.
- Mince onions.
- Peel potatoes and slice with a shredder or cute into small cubes.
- Mix meat, onions, potatoes, and parsley in a large bowl. Place into frigerator while making the crust.
- Make pie crust as instructed on box and roll out into circles that are the length of two fists. If making appetizer pasties, use the ring of a large canning jar to make the perfect circle.
- Place mixture into middle of crust circle.
- Place a small amount of butter on top and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Dab the edges of pie crust with water and seal opposite ends of crust then roll over. Some people make the crest of the crust on the side and seal with a fork. I recommend that you roll the crust so that the crest is on the top.
- Place pasties on a buttered cookie sheet.
- Mix egg and half and half together. Brush the mixture on top of the pasty. This will give the crust a wonderful golden brown color when baked.
- Bake for about an hour until golden brown. Watch the pasties. When the are brown, they are done.
- Serve with ketchup and pickles.
The Cookboring_grl Bozeman
- Not added to any groups yet!