Spinach Salad with Bacon and Buttermilk-Blue Cheese DressingFrom waterlily 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 clove garlic shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon shopping list
- 3/4 pound spinach, large stems discarded shopping list
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the bacon until done by your preferred bacon-cooking method. When cool enough to handle, crumble into little pieces. Set aside.
- Combine the buttermilk, sour cream, garlic and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir in the blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the spinach, red onion and bacon in a big pretty salad bowl.
- Toss with the dressing.
- Divvy the salad up onto plates and topped with hard cooked egg slices.
The Cookwaterlily Joplin, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!