Fried Mozzarella w anchovy-caper SauceFrom ckaufman 7 years ago
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella, 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour with pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten well shopping list
- 1 cup fine fresh Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped capers shopping list
- 1/4 cup rinsed and minced anchovy fillets shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge mozzarella in flour
- Dip in egg
- Roll into bread crumbs and place cheese on a rack.
- In a large skillet, heat butter until hot.
- Saute mozzarella 1 1/2 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Place on small plates
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet and stir until heated.
- Drizzle sauce over mozzarella and garnish with ornamental cabbage leaves to make a colorful presentation.