sweet potato casseroleFrom becca1nine 6 years ago
- 6 x sweet potatoes - pricked all over with a fork and wrapped in foil shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter (125ml) shopping list
- 1 x tbsp brown sugar (15ml) shopping list
- 1 x cup whip cream (35%) (250ml) shopping list
- 2 x eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 x tsp vanilla (5ml) shopping list
- 1 x tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare barbecue for direct grilling. Preheat grill for low heat. Bake sweet potatoes over indirect heat for 30 minutes or until tender. Remove.
- Allow to cool slightly to handle them and then slip them out of foil onto a baking sheet. Peel them and add them to a bowl along with butter, sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Use a hand wand mixer to blend them into a smooth mixture. Butter a casserole dish and pour mixture into dish. Sprinkle top with brown sugar.
- Preheat barbecue for low indirect heat by turning the two side burners on and the middle burner off to achieve a temperature of 325F/162C. Place the casserole dish on the middle burner and close the lid. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand before serving
The Cookbecca1nine Surrey, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!