Spinach and Sweet Corn Mashed PotatoesFrom carterl 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn shopping list
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, stems removed shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Boil until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain water and mash potatoes together with butter and heavy cream until light and fluffy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in olive oil and saute corn 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir spinach and garlic into skillet and saute an additional 1 minute, until spinach is wilted.
- Fold mixture into mashed potatoes.
- Adjust seasonings and serve immediately.
The Cookcarterl Danville, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!