Chocolate Mocha Torte With StrawberriesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 1 package devil's food cake mix with pudding shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsels shopping list
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 pound fresh strawberry halves shopping list
How to make it
- Grease two round cake pans then dust lightly with cocoa.
- Beat cake mix, 1-3/4 cup water and eggs at medium speed with electric mixer 30 seconds.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed then pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire racks then slice each cake layer in half horizontally.
- Cook chocolate morsels and coffee granules in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly until melted.
- Process yogurt, cottage cheese and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Gradually add chocolate mixture processing until blended then chill.
- Place layer on a serving plate then spread with one third of the chocolate mixture.
- Repeat procedure twice then top with remaining cake layer.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate over top in a checkerboard design.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!