Luxurious Spinach-Artichoke-Crab DipFrom hsfargis 9 years ago
- ¾ cup lowfat milk shopping list
- 4 oz. light cream cheese shopping list
- 3 oz. gruyère cheese, grated shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- fresh ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 6 green onions, white and light green parts only, chopped shopping list
- 8 oz. fresh spinach, thick stems removed and large leaves roughly chopped shopping list
- 1-14 oz. can artichoke hearts in water, rinsed and roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp. corn starch mixed with 1 tblsp. water shopping list
- 1 cup crab meat shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer over medium heat. Add the cream cheese and gruyère, stirring often until cheeses are melted.
- Add the garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the scallions, then add the spinach, one large handful at a time if needed, until it all cooks down and fits in the pan. Stir until the spinach is wilted, then add the artichoke hearts. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until combined. If you want to thicken the dip more (it will set slightly after you take it off the heat), add another tsp. of cornstarch mixed with water.
- Add the crab meat and stir until warmed through. Taste the dip and add more salt or pepper if you like. Serve right away or refrigerate and gently reheat in the microwave in short intervals, stirring after each. Sprinkle with a dash of cayenne pepper and/or paprika for color.