Cotton Candy Cupcakes for KidsFrom hottamale 8 years ago
- CUPCAKES: shopping list
- 1pkg. (18.25oz.) white cake mix shopping list
- 1-1/2c. blueberry yogurt (2-6oz. containers) shopping list
- 1/4c. water shopping list
- 1/4c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 egg whites (you can use the whole egg, however the batter will be more green rather than blue.) shopping list
- 5-6 drops blue food coloring shopping list
- COTTON CANDY BUTTERCREAM: shopping list
- 3oz. blue cotton candy (4c.); divided shopping list
- 4T. butter; softened shopping list
- 3c. powdered sugar; sifted shopping list
- 3T. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Line baking cups with paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Blend all cupcake ingredients on low speed of mixer for 30 sec. & then med. speed for 2 min.
- Fill cups 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake cupcakes 17-20 min. Cool before frosting.
- Frost with Cotton Candy Buttercream & garnish with fluffs of Cotton Candy.
- COTTON CANDY BUTTERCREAM:
- Blend butter in mixing bowl 30sec. or until creamy.
- Add 2-1/2c. cotton candy & beat until incorporated. (The mixture will be blue & grainy).
- Add confectioner's sugar and milk & blend on low until frosting comes together & is nearly smooth, approx. 1-1/2 min. (it will still be slightly grainy).
- Increase speed to med. high & beat for 30sec. to incorporate air so that frosting will be fluffy.
- NOTE: The cotton candy will harden @ room temperature, so keep the cupcakes in a cake saver or under a glass dome.