Baked Crab And RiceFrom npbradshaw 4 years ago
- 1 cup thai jasmine rice shopping list
- 1 package imitation crab meat (i like the crabmeat from aldi; it tastes really good) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- Old Bay Seasoning (or whatever you like; i've used thai curry seasoning and lemon ginger seasoning, and they're both awesome!) shopping list
- butter shopping list
- parsley, fresh or dried shopping list
- 1 package shredded cheese (i prefer a colby/cheddar mix for this dish) shopping list
- half a can of peas (optional. you can also use frozen or some other vegetable.) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- place dry rice in a baking dish.
- season rice liberally with garlic salt and old bay seasoning.
- add a pinch of black pepper and parsley.
- add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- pour two cups of boiling water over rice and cover dish with foil.
- bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- remove rice from oven, add a couple of pats of butter. add vegetable here, if desired.
- sprinkle 1/3 to 1/2 of the package of cheese over the rice.
- add package of crab meat, either in whole pieces or cut up.
- season the top with garlic salt and old bay seasoning.
- cover the crab with the remainder of the cheese, or as much as you'd like.
- return dish to the oven and bake for ten more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
The Cooknpbradshaw Atlanta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!