Root Beer ChickenFrom fudgnik 7 years ago
- 8 ounces root beer (Santa Cruz Organic) shopping list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic - smashed with the broad side of a wide knife then chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Ancient Times spice Mix (see my recipes) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon - chopped shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lime shopping list
- 8 medium sized fresh mushrooms - quartered (white and shitaki) shopping list
- 8 baby carrots (roughly a handful) shopping list
- course salt shopping list
- 3 Leg Quarters (chicken) shopping list
- equal parts olive oil and worcestershire sauce for brushing shopping list
- Preheated oven - 350F shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the first six ingredients. Marinate the chicken legs in the mixture for up to an hour.
- Place marinated chicken pieces in a large oven safe dish, skin up. Ladle about a cup of the marinade over the chicken. Season the pieces with salt.
- Arrange the mushrooms and carrots around the chicken so they are resting in the liquid. Cook at 350 for roughly 20 minutes. Turn the mushrooms, brush chicken pieces with oil and Worcestershire and baked for another 20 minutes or until skin is golden and juices no longer flow pink. Plate each leg with a scoop of mushroom and carrot.
- The gravy made from the pan bits is going to be very sweet - if you decide to go that route. Makes for an interesting biscuit gravy base.
- My husband loves this treatment and I am forever surprised at how good it tastes every time I make it.
- I believe the Santa Cruz Organic Root beer is key.