Black Skillet Beef with Greens and Red PotatoFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- 1 pound beef top round shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot shopping list
- vegetable oil spray shopping list
- 8 red skinned potatoes -- halved shopping list
- 3 cups onion -- finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 20 milliliters garlic -- minced shopping list
- 2 large carrots; peeled -- cut into shopping list
- thin 2 1/2-inch strips shopping list
- 2 bunch greens (kale, collard -- mustard, etc) stems torn shopping list
How to make it
- Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips
- 1/8-inch thick. Thoroughly coat with Hot 'N Spicy Seasoning.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with vegetable oil spray.
- Preheat pan over high heat. Add meat; cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir in carrots.
- Lay greens over top and cook covered, until carrots are tender,
- about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl with crusty bread for dunking.
- Note: To make spice mix, combine 1/4c paprika, 2 tb dried oregano,
- 2 ts chili powder, 1 ts black pepper, 1/2 ts cayenne pepper, 1/2 ts dry
- Store extra for future use.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!