Chargrilled Chicken with Cilantro SalsaFrom diva4christ 9 years ago
- chicken shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons clear honey shopping list
- Pinch of dried red chili flakes shopping list
- 4 large skinless chicken breast fillets, about 7 ounces each shopping list
- salsa shopping list
- 1 red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Diced tomato and steamed couscous, or white rice to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, honey and chili flakes in a shallow dish, add the whole chicken breasts, cover and marinate for as long as possible.
- Cook the chicken in a preheated ridged grill pan for 8 minutes on each side, until charred and cooked through. Wrap in foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to infuse. Strain the marinade juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, then remove from the heat but keep warm.
- Serve the chicken with couscous or white rice tossed with diced tomato and top with the salsa and the marinade sauce.
The Cookdiva4christ Montreal, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!