Grilled Steak Sandwiches With Marinated Watercress Onion And Tomato SaladFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 6 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 3/4 teaspoons dry mustard, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 2-pound well-trimmed tri-tip beef roast shopping list
- 4 large plum tomatoes, very thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 bunch watercress, stems trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 white onion, very thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 5-inch pieces french baguette, cut horizontally almost in half, opened flat shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk oil, vinegar, and 3/4 teaspoon mustard in large bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Transfer 2 tablespoons dressing to small bowl; whisk in sugar and 1 teaspoon mustard. Sprinkle beef all over with salt and pepper, then top with mixture from small bowl.
- Grill beef until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 120°F to 125°F for rare, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes. Place on cutting board; let rest 10 minutes. Cut very thinly across grain.
- Meanwhile, add tomatoes, watercress, and onion to dressing in large bowl. Marinate while beef grills, tossing occasionally. Grill bread, cut side down, until just crusty, about 3 minutes; place on plates, grilled side up.
- Arrange beef slices over bread. Using tongs and draining slightly, top with salad.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!