Cirtus Fruit Salad with Ginger YogurtFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- Ingredients1 pink grapefruit, peeled shopping list
- 2 large tangerines or Minneolas, peeled shopping list
- 3 navel oranges shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 16- or 17.6-ounce container Greek yogurt shopping list
- 2/3 cup minced crystallized ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup golden brown sugar shopping list
- Additional dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Break grapefruit and tangerines into sections. Cut grapefruit sections into thirds; cut tangerine sections in half. Transfer grapefruit, tangerines, and all juices to deep serving bowl. Using small sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from oranges. Slice oranges into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, then cut slices into quarters. Add oranges and all juices to same bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup dried cranberries, honey, and cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Mix yogurt and ginger in bowl. (Fruit and yogurt can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill.)
- Spoon yogurt atop fruit. Sprinkle with brown sugar and dried cranberries.
- Market tip: Greek yogurt, which is actually drained yogurt, has a luxurious texture similar to that of sour cream. Look for it at Greek markets, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods. Or simply spoon 1 quart plain yogurt into a colander lined with cheesecloth. Place the colander in a large bowl and let the yogurt drain in the refrigerator overnight.