Creamy Chicken and Noodle CasseroleFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 8 ounces spinach fettuccine shopping list
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup coarse breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chicken, 1 cup water, garlic and bay leaf in large saucepan.
- Cover and simmer just until chicken is cooked through turning once about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate and cool then shred.
- Pour cooking liquid into measuring cup adding more water to measure 1 cup if necessary. Reserve cooking liquid.
- Whisk flour and cornstarch in heavy large saucepan then add 1 cup milk and whisk until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup milk, tarragon, salt, nutmeg and reserved chicken cooking liquid.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils about 5 minutes.
- Add wine then stir until mixture is very thick about 2 minutes longer then remove from heat.
- Stir in shredded chicken and spinach then cover and chill.
- Reheat over medium low heat stirring frequently before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 400 then oil a glass baking dish.
- Cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite then drain.
- Return to pot then add mushrooms and chicken then toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish then heat oil in small nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add breadcrumbs then stir 1 minute and sprinkle over casserole and bake 20 minutes.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes then sprinkle with parmesan and serve.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!