Seafood ChowderFrom sher 6 years ago
- 1 pound seafood( combination of the following lobster,halibut, haddock, and scallops) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 cup of each of the following shopping list
- diced red pepper shopping list
- diced green pepper shopping list
- diced red onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- Reserve poaching liquid plus enough fish stock to make up 4 cups shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut fish into bite sized pieces and poach in water 5-6 minutes
- Drain reserving liquid.
- Melt 1 1/2 tbsp butter in skillet and saute peppers and onion until tender but not brown.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter on top a double boiler over simmering water.
- Add flour blend well
- Whisk in poaching liquid and fish stock stirring constantly until it starts to boil bubbles break the surface.
- Reduce heat and continue to cook 30 minutes stirring frequently.
- To a large pot add seafood and vegetables.
- Add the sauce, cream, salt and pepper. Heat but don't boil .
The Cooksher New Minas, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!