Sunflower Cherry Oatmeal Breakfast BarsFrom fluffy24 5 years ago
- 1 cup rolled oats, either quick cooking or old fashioned shopping list
- 1 cup whole spelt or whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed natural brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cherries shopping list
- 1/2 cup expeller pressed canola oil shopping list
- 5 tablespoons orange juice, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup fruit sweetened black cherry preserves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine oats, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, sunflower seeds and cherries in a large bowl. Add oil and 3 tablespoons orange juice, mixing well until all ingredients are fully combined. Reserve a half cup and press the rest into a lightly oiled 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons orange juice with the cherry preserves and spread evenly over the oat mixture in the pan. Sprinkle reserved oat mixture over the top and press down lightly with fingers. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool in the pan on a wire rack then cut into bars or squares. Store in an airtight container.
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
- Not added to any groups yet!