Peanut Soup with OystersFrom scearley 7 years ago
How to make it
- Grind the peanuts to a smooth paste either with a pestle and mortar or a food processor.
- Put the onions and butter in a 3qt pot on medium heat and cook until the onions are clear.
- Stir in the peanut paste and mix well with the butter.
- Add the broth, and cayenne to taste, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to very low and simmer until soup is thick and nuts are cooked, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the oysters and simmer until they plump and curl.
- Immediately take the soup off the heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately in warm bowls.
The Cookscearley Federal Way, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!