Italian Style QuicheFrom dmajor 8 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1 tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped ham shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon italian seasonings shopping list
- 4 ounces Italian Blend cheese, shredded shopping list
- 2 ounces Cheddar , shredded shopping list
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half and milk.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Stir in seasonings and black olives.
- In skillet, cook onions, ham, and bell peppers in olive oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes and butter and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season mixture with a little sprinkle of salt.(do not over season)
- Place mixture in pie shell, pour egg mixture over mixture.
- Top with cheese and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Brush crust with additional olive oil or butter if desired
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and filling is set.
- Allow to set 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!