Veg-head Three Bean ChiliFrom chefsuz 7 years ago
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable stock (or beer) shopping list
- 1 (32 oz) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can dark red kidney beans shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cumin shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cayenne hot pepper sauce, several drops for added heat shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup spicy vegetarian refried beans shopping list
- Toppings: 2 cups shredded peppered monterey jack or smoked cheddar cheese, chopped scallions, diced fresh seeded tomatoes, blue corn tortilla chips or black bean tortilla chips, for dipping. shopping list
How to make it
- Over moderate heat, add oil to a deep pot and combine onion, peppers and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes to soften vegetables.
- Deglaze pan with broth (or beer), add tomatoes, black beans, red kidney beans and stir to combine.
- Season chili with cumin, chili powder, hot sauce and salt. Thicken chili by stirring in refried beans. Simmer over low heat about 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Serve up bowls of chili and top with shredded cheese, scallions, tomatoes, tortilla chips and/or cornbread.
The Cookchefsuz Livermore, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!