French Onion SoupFrom selfmanic 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 5 medium white onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 32 oz chicken broth shopping list
- 2 (10 oz) can beef consomme undiluted shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 sprigs thyme shopping list
- 2 sprigs parley shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 (1 inch thick) french baguette slices shopping list
- 6 swiss cheese or provalone chees slices shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a Dutch Oven (i used a large stew pot) over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, and cook stirring often 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the chicken broth, beef consomme, wine, thyme, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
- Remove the herbs and discard. Add the salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle into 6 oven proof bowls. Top with the bread and chees slices. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat, 3 minutes or until chees is brown and bubbling.
The Cookselfmanic Augusta, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!