Greens With Coconut and ChilliFrom chillidude 5 years ago
- 1 cup finely grated unsweetened coconut (dried) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups of water shopping list
- ¾ teasp ground cumin shopping list
- ½ teasp ground turmeric shopping list
- 3 x 7-8cm long dried chillies - your choice of variety shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2 tablsp coconut or canola oil shopping list
- ¾ tsp black mustard seeds shopping list
- 2 tablsp raw rice shopping list
- 3 large leaves red swiss chard, chopped (about three cups) shopping list
- ½ teasp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together coconut and ½ cup water in a bowl.
- Let soak at room temp until water is absorbed, about 1 hour.
- Stir in cumin, turmeric and ½ cup of water until combined.
- Smash garlic with flat side of a large knife and stir into coconut mixture.
- Heat oil in a wok over med-high heat until hot but not smoking, then add mustard seeds and fry until they make popping sounds, about 15 seconds.
- Add rice and red chillies and cook, stirring constantly, until rice is golden, about 1 minute. Add chard and salt, cook, stirring, until chard is wilted, about 30seconds.
- Stir in coconut mixture and remaining ½ cup water and bring to a simmer.
- Cover chard mixture with lid and simmer until stems are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is evaporated and mixture is dry, about 5-7 minutes.
The Cookchillidude Perth, AU
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!