Vegan Friendly Pie CrustsFrom falafel_fanatic 6 years ago
How to make it
- Mix Flour and salt in bowl.
- Cut in vegetable shortening using pastry blender or two knives, until all flour is just blended to form pea-sized chunks.
- Sprinkle water, one Tablespoon at a time.
- Toss lightly with for until dough will form a ball.
- Divide dough into two parts.
- Press between hands to form two 5- to 6-inch patties.
- Set aside one pattie.
- With rolling pin, roll out the crust pattie between two pieces of unfloured plastic wrap, into a circle the size of an upside-down pie pan.
- Remove top piece of plastic wrap.
- Use the bottom piece of plastic wrap to lift the crust and turn it into the pie pan.
- While plastic wrap is still covering crust, gently press crust to fit the pan.
- Remove the other pie of plastic wrap.
- Roll out the other pie crust pattie the same way.
- *Makes two pie crusts.