Potatoes Au Gratin with green beans and kielbasaFrom reneelcurrie 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups fat free milk shopping list
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 [1/2 inch thick slice} onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, crushed shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. peeled baking potatoes [ large or mini] shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter or margerine shopping list
- 2 tbsp. diced shallots [ dried or fresh] shopping list
- 3 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup. [ 2 oz.] shredded reduced fat cheese shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 10 minutes. Pour mixture through a sieve over a large bowl, reserving liquid; discard solids.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place potato/es in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots;saute 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in flour; gradually add reserved milk. Stir with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until slightly thick; stir constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, salt, and pepper Pour milk mixture over potatoes; toss. Spoon potato into an 11 x 7 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Broil 5 minutes or until lightly browned.