Harvest Sweet Potato SoupFrom blueeyes68ky 6 years ago
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 bay leaf] shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven or soup kettle, saute celery and onion in oil until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, process soup in batches until smooth.
- Return all to pan and heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
The Cookblueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
The Rating2 people
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Veggies Fruits And Grains54 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Southern Sassyness70 members
Pass The Potatoes103 members
GOOD KENTUCKY COOKING43 members