Chocolate Haupia PieFrom thegypsysdaughter 5 years ago
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tbsp coconut extract shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2/3 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 7/8 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 3 cups prepared whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake crust for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan, whisk together milk, coconut milk, coconut extract and 1 cup sugar. In a separate bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water. Bring coconut mixture to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low simmer and whisk in the cornstarch. Continue stirring mixture over low heat until thickened, about 3 - 6 minutes.
- In a glass bowl, microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute or until melted. Divide the coconut pudding evenly into two bowls. Mix chocolate into one portion. Spread on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the remaining portion of the white coconut pudding on top of the chocolate and spread smooth. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Spread the whipped cream on pie. You can garnish with chocolate chips or shavings as well.
The Cookthegypsysdaughter Loveland, CO
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!