Rickis Date CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 2.5 oz chopped dried dates shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 4 oz (113g) lite silken tofu (mori-nu) shopping list
- 2 tbsp unsweetened pureed pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp sunflower or canola oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 6 oz spelt flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8" square pan.
- Combine the dates and sugars in a bowl.
- Add the boiling water and stir. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Puree the tofu, pumpkin, almond milk, oil and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add to the date mixture and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the tofu / date mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to just blend.
- For topping:
- Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the surface of the batter.
- Cover with a sprinkling of the coconut then the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Chill completely before cutting.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
Another great recipe! Thanks for posting it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it