Whiskey Pork Chops With Glazed Apples And OnionsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whiskey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry rubbed sage shopping list
- 4 thick cut loin pork chops shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 medium granny smith apple with skin cored and thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion shopping list
- 3 tablespoons whiskey shopping list
- fresh sage leaves for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place brown sugar, cider, mustard, whiskey, rind, chili flakes, vinegar and sage in plastic bag.
- Add pork chops then seal and shake around to distribute marinade.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- When ready to cook remove pork chops from marinade and reserve marinade.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large nonstick pan over high heat.
- Season pork chops on each side with salt then place in pan and brown well 4 minutes per side.
- Place pan of pork chops in oven and continue cooking at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Remove chops to platter and keep warm.
- Meanwhile pour any juices from chop pan into reserved marinade.
- Place pan back on stove and heat remaining olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add apple and onion then cook stirring often about 5 minutes.
- Add whiskey and marinade then increase heat to high and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat then serve spooned over chops and garnished with fresh sage.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!