Vegetarian PaellaFrom chefsuz 8 years ago
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 8 oz. soy sausage (optional) cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered shopping list
- 1 cup sliced yellow squash shopping list
- 1 cup sliced zucchini shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas shopping list
- 14-oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 6 to 8 saffron threads shopping list
- 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a large paella pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add soy sausage (if desired) and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add artichokes, squash, zucchini, carrots, asparagus, peas, tomatoes, saffron, paprika and bay leaves, bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and broth and cook for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and stir in parsley.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
The Cookchefsuz Livermore, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!