Thai Fish and Mango SaladFrom witchywoman 8 years ago
- 2 small mangos shopping list
- 2 seedless cucumbers shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into thin strips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint sprigs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro sprigs shopping list
- 3 ounces lime juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar shopping list
- 4 white fish fillets (about 9 ounces each) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the mangos and slice the flesh into thin strips. Run a vegetable peeler down the length of the cucumbers to form long ribbons and put in a bowl with the bell pepper, mint and cilantro. Toss, cover and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Put the lime juice, ginger, fish sauce, sweet chili sauce and brown sugar in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Preheat a chargrill, lightly brush the fish fillets with the peanut oil and cook over high heat 3-4 minutes per side until cooked. Place some of the salad on each plate and top with the fish fillets.
- Drizzle the dressing over the fish and salad. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.