White rice in 20 minutesFrom kcmm 5 years ago
How to make it
- Place the 2 cups of rice in a collander (one with small holes)
- wash until water comes out clear
- pour into pan
- fill with water until it reaches about one inch ontop of the rice
- add salt to taste and stir well
- add 3 tsp of butter or you may prefer to add oil (butter gives it a buttery flavour)
- cover and cook in high heat until it starts to boil, at that point you stir it and lower to low heat and cover.
- DO NOT OPEN THE LID just let it cook for 15 minutes, then open the lid and you can see if it's done
- the rice should look fluffy if it looks hard then just cover and check every 5 minutes until it looks done.
- once done turn off the heat,
- and uncover the pot, you do not want it to keep cooking
- you may stir it and add a bit of oil or extra butter
- serve and enjoy!!!!